Friday, November 28, 2008

2008-11-28 Friday - Linux based SOA Demo Platform

Tonight I downloaded VMware Player 2.5.1 - which is an update over the previous version 2.0 that I had installed.

I also have downloaded the Fedora 10 release of Linux. (Release Notes)

Tonight I'm starting the process of creating a VMWare image that will be an integrated demonstration platform of a number of Open Source SOA tools - here are a few of the things I plan to configure as the base:


  • Glassfish ESB

  • Apache Synapse

  • JBoss Drools

  • Mule Galaxy

  • MySQL

  • memcachd



I'm experimenting with the Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP1 virtual machine software - since the VMWare Player does not allow for the creation of a new virtual machine.

2008-11-29 Update

Fedora 10 Inside Windows: Screenshots Tour

EasyVMX!: Create Virtual Machine
Super Simple Edition

Copyright

© 2001-2021 International Technology Ventures, Inc., All Rights Reserved.