Sunday, September 19, 2010

2010-09-19 Sunday - A Shadow of JavaOnes' Past...


I arrived in San Francisco yesterday via my flight from Phoenix.  On my drive into the city, a cab driver mentioned that he had heard that as many 42,000 people will be arriving for the OracleWorld conference this week.  I am primarily interested in the JavaOne sessions - but will also attend some of the Oracle Developer sessions - as well as the OracleWorld key notes.

JavaOne, I feel I hardly know ye - I fear you are but a ghost of your former self...



As I look through the catalog of sessions for JavaOne 2010, I am saddened to see that the Birds-of-a-Feather (BOF) sessions are limited to just Tuesday night...

By virtue of having JavaOne sessions scheduled at locations such as the Hilton, Parc55, and Westin - rooms are probably smaller (?) than what would normally have been available at Moscone Center - thus sessions are marked as FULL - that might otherwise have had a bit more room for the random drop-in attendee.


I'll be attending the Oracle Opening Keynote tonight...the after-party will be held here?...







Familiar faces from Sun are missing here this week, Google's absence from the list of sessions is noticeable, and the side-show feeling of JavaOne sessions no longer being held in Moscone Center cast a pall over this year's JavaOne for me...

No comments:

Copyright

© 2001-2021 International Technology Ventures, Inc., All Rights Reserved.