Wednesday, August 08, 2018

2018-08-08 Wednesday - Good Cryptography Books

I'm doing an initial quick read of Bruce Schneier (@schneierblog) 20th Anniversary Edition, Applied Cryptography (Protocols, Algorithms, and Source Code in C) during my evenings this week - and finding it to still be an excellent text for a foundational level of knowledge-building.  

 However, for folks interested in perhaps a more recent treatment, they may find his collaboration with Niels Ferguson, and Tadayoshi Kohno, in their book -  Cryptography Engineering: Design Principles and Practical Applications - to be of interest.


Side Note: 
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Schneier at a conference some years ago (QCon in San Francisco, I believe - but it may have been at Strange Loop in Saint Louis) - in which I asked him a question about his estimation of the prevalence of polymorphic viruses/trojans - his answer was essentially, too paraphrase: "not much".  I have long pondered his answer...


No comments:

Copyright

© 2001-2021 International Technology Ventures, Inc., All Rights Reserved.