Saturday, August 11, 2018

2018-08-11 Saturday - Git Push Error to Bitbucket


Today I created a Bitbucket account - and while experimenting with it - noted that I got the following error whenever I performed a "git push" (note: "git clone" worked fine)
fatal: HttpRequestException encountered.
   An error occurred while sending the request.
NOTE: (I'm already running Git v2.18.0)

You may need to update Microsoft Git Credential Manager for Windows
"Allow Bitbucket access tokens to be cast as credentials, and properly handle personal access tokens used as authentication in network requests. Now that Bitbucket access tokens are allowed to be case to credentials, start returning them from OAuthAuthenticator"
See the v1.17.1 changelog for Bitbucket related fixes...

NOTE: This fixed the problem for me

Additional reference links:


No comments:

Copyright

© 2001-2021 International Technology Ventures, Inc., All Rights Reserved.