Sunday, August 25, 2019

2019-08-25 Sunday - Why You May (or, May Not) Wish to Retain My Services

Photo by Sarah Dorweiler on Unsplash
source https://unsplash.com/photos/x2Tmfd1-SgA

You should know: If you prefer to keep things the way they are - you may not wish to engage my services :)

1) I will challenge perspectives - and assumptions. Sometimes, this may make some folks uncomfortable.

2) I will help identify gaps and inefficiencies - and make suggestions for improvements. Sometimes, if needed, pointedly. Although, I will always strive to be considerate and diplomatic. Some folks may find change difficult to digest.

3) I will challenge the status quo. At times, this may be discomforting.

4) I will not turn away from looking under rocks. Some folks may not want this.

5) I will actively work to help change things for the better. Some folks may actively resist this.

6) I insist on dealing from the top of the deck - with everyone (board members, executives, employees, contractors, vendors, partners, customers). Some folks may not be aligned with this.

7) I will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear. I am fairly certain - this may not always be well received by some folks.

8) I  will view any project expenditures I may propose - as if it were my own money being spent. You should know, I am a frugal person. I abhor waste. A $1 investment needs to produce a return (however, that return may be expressed in several possible dimensions - not all of which are strictly/directly monetary).

9) I am deeply interested in considering 2nd and 3rd order effects of decisions - considering the enterprise as a patient - that should be diagnosed - and treated - holistically. My perspective can be a positive balancing force with ready-fire-aim cultures - but, it may also create discomfort for some folks.

10) I am very detail oriented. This expresses itself in my work as being thorough. This may be uncomfortable for folks that may not wish to have their areas examined too closely - or who have little interest in root-cause determination.

No comments:

Copyright

© 2001-2021 International Technology Ventures, Inc., All Rights Reserved.