Thursday, May 17, 2012

2012-05-17 Thursday - Recommened Architecture Books

[updated 2012-11-21 - corrected bad links]

A colleague recently asked me for suggested books to add to his personal library on the topic of documenting software architectures - here are a few of my initial suggestions:


I have the previous edition of this book - it is a good overall foundation reference for documenting architectures:

Documenting Software Architectures: Views and Beyond (2nd Edition), Paul C. Clements




These are what I consider must-haves:

Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture, by Martin Fowler




Enterprise Integration Patterns: Designing, Building, and Deploying Messaging Solutions, by Gregor Hohpe, and Bobby Woolf



SOA Design Patterns, by Thomas Erl




Every architect should have at least one great algorithms book, this is my preferred text:
Introductions to Algorithms, by Thomas Cormen, et al.





I've recently addd the following book to my library, and have submitted a review on Amazon (as of 11/22/2012).  Although I've looked at the book with a critical eye - it does have some merit as an addition to my reference library:

Service Design Patterns, Fundamental Design Solutions for SOAP/WSDL and RESTful Web SErvices, by Robert Daigneau




I plan to add these to my own library:

Refactoring to Patterns, by Joshua Kerievsky




Java Application Architecture: Modularity Patterns with Examples Using OSGi, by Kirk Knoernschild





Software Architecture in Practice (3rd Edition), by Len Bass, Paul Clements, and Rick Kazman



No comments:

Copyright

© 2001-2021 International Technology Ventures, Inc., All Rights Reserved.