Sun's Project Kenai
The APIs for the Sun Cloud
I listened in on a Sun Cloud Computing webinar this morning:
Webinar: Cloud Computing - An Introduction Tailored for the Enterprise
- Over 160 questions were asked via the chat window
- Most of the questions were very basic / fundamental
- Most of the answers were too general to be meaningful
- They cited Washington Mutual as an example???
- Nothing substantive was announced
- My two questions were not answered:
--- How many Cloud Computing data centers will Sun have running by the end of the year?
--- Are there any Oracle Cloud Computing efforts that might have synergy with Sun's efforts?
Next Thursday, October 7th, there is another webinar scheduled:
Webinar: Cloud Computing - An Introduction Tailored for Startups & Developers