...he completed his goal on September 26, 2012, just under 12 months after beginning October 1st, 2011.
Regardless of any question of qualitative aspects of his acquired/retained knowledge - the idea of challenging yourself to cover such a breadth of material (whether on a compressed timeline or not) - cannot help but to improve you in so many ways:
- A forced-march refresh of material you may not have covered in a long time
- A forced-march exposure to potentially new material that wasn't available to you before
- A real stretch of your learning habits
- A way to go back and fill in (or reinforce) concepts that you may not have solidly internalized before
- A way to challenge you to achieve greater efficiency in how you acquire new knowledge / and assimilate and organize that knowledge