Saturday, March 14, 2009

2009-03-14 Saturday - GPL Links

I am a proponent of Open Source - but I am also a staunch Capitalist. From my research, I tend to lean more toward the MIT, BSD, and Apache licenses as good examples of Open Source.

Until recently I didn't have a very strong opinion of for-or-against GPL. However, recent behavior by a particular vendor (in regard to their abuse of the GPL) has caused me to review and reflect deeper on the implications for organizations that develop and release software under GPL, or organizations that may consider incorporating GPL software in their application development.


This blog post will help me organize my research as I find and review articles that discuss what it means to release under GPL.

Bait-and-Switch and Software Licenses

Why GPL? Or: How the GPL eats the kittens it protects

Warning: the following blog link has some strong language:
The GNUtards Must Be Crazy

GPL Considered Harmful

No comments:

Copyright

© 2001-2021 International Technology Ventures, Inc., All Rights Reserved.