Google 'simplifies web development' with AppEngine
Interview: Dan Diephouse on Atom, AtomPub, REST and Web Services
.NET Framework Versions: Marketing vs. Reality
Key Takeaway Points and Lessons Learned from QCon London 2008
IBM's Smart SOA Vision Explained at Impact
12 Things You Should Know About REST Web Services and WOA
1. REST posits an interconnected information ecosystem, not an isolated set of point Web services.
2. A focus on Design for Consumption instead of Design for Integration.
3. REST security is egalitarian and is as secure as the Web itself.
4. Service interaction directly by the client is a first class citizen in WOA.
5. Service contracts are simpler and suppler in a REST model.
6. REST strongly complements traditional SOA, if you must have it.
7. REST and WOA enable and do not violate the principles of service-orientation.
8. We have reached a possibly final state of deconstruction between data and function.
9. REST drives WOA but WOA extends beyond REST.
10. REST is deeply infused into the fabric of the Web today.
11. REST enables an inversion of control that drives adoption and integration.
12. REST and WOA can handle systems of arbitrary complexity and size.
What is the Role of a Manager in an Agile Organization?
a set of tools for counting physical Source Lines of Code (SLOC) in a large number of languages of a potentially large set of programs