Thursday, August 23, 2007

2007-08-23 Thursday

For a client project, I am setting up a number of Open Source tools to facilitate team communication and cooridination:

  • Apache HTTP Server 2.2.4

  • Cruise Control 2.7

  • Eclipse 3.3 (Europa)

  • MediaWiki 1.10.1

  • MySQL

  • PHP 5.2.3

  • Python 2.5.1

  • Roller 3.1

  • Subclipse 1.2.3

  • Subversion 1.4.4

  • Trac 0.10.4

  • WebSVN 2.0


  • Yesterday I installed WebSVN at the client site - and missed a key line in the config.php - so this morning, with a fresh pair of eyes - I quickly spotted it and it is operational. Simple, clean, efficient.

    I'm currently researching a possible comptability issue with the Apache 2.2 and Subversion 1.4 release - related to the mod_dav_svn.so


    I thought these links might have been the solution to the compatibility problem - but it appears that I have further research to do


    This link may provide some potential solutions - with recompiled mod_dav_svn.so links.


    Re: Re: svn 1.4 and apache 2.2.3
    This message: [ Message body ] [ More options ]
    Related messages: [ Next message ] [ Previous message ] [ In reply to ]
    From: Garrett Rooney
    Date: 2006-09-12 14:44:05 CEST

    On 9/12/06, Johnson, Rick wrote:
    >
    > > 1.4 works just fine with apache 2.2, as long as you're not on windows.
    > > If you're on windows it needs a patch to APR 1.x (which is what
    > apache 2.2 uses) in order to fix a bug that we > happen to trip up, so
    > you'll have to either patch your version of APR or use apache 2.0.
    > >
    > > -garrett
    > >
    > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
    > > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
    > >
    >
    > Can someone point to some documentation about this bug? I just did a
    > Google search and a haxx search and got a LOT of results, some of which
    > talk about patching a bug but doesn't describe the bug.


    It was a problem with how permissions were handled in APR's stat calls
    on windows and it produced strange errors inside Subversion's working
    copy code. It was fixed (I believe) in revision 425620 of APR, and
    backported to APR 1.2.x in revision 425621.

    -garrett


    Trouble upgrading SVN repository server from Apache 2.0.55 to 2.2.0 - SOLVED

    Building the Subversion version 1.4.3 Apache modules to work with Apache 2.2.4



    Here's a short summary by Martin Lindhe
    of How to run Subversion 1.4.0 in Windows [running the Subversion Windows Service - not via the Apache module].

    This may also be helpful: planet-subversion.com

    No comments: